Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Book Review - Used by Lynetta Halat


Used





Denver has grown up with a mother who has a reputation and her worst fear is that she will turn into her mother. Her father and other men in her life have just added to this twisted view of herself. Greer has been her best friend forever and when that changes into something more it doesn't bring them closer but pushes them further apart.

Greer decides that he wants to give their relationship a second chance and follows her to school. Denver is still struggling with believing that she deserves anything more than a physical relationship, but agrees to try again. 

The only problem is that she has met Ransom. They are drawn to each other from the moment they meet. When Ransom finds out about Denver's past, he backs off from pursuing her. When something life changing happens to Denver it is Ransom who is there for her in ways that no one else could be. 

One thing was true for me throughout this book...I wanted to hug Denver a lot. My heart just hurt for her. It just seemed like everyone she loved let her down and she was just so lost. I wanted to strangle her mother. Awful woman. Greer was very sweet and I really wanted things to work out for them which made what happened heart wrenching. My first reaction was utter shock. No. That couldn't possibly be happening. Then I was just so very sad for Denver as I knew this would be just one more thing she would take the blame for. I didn't think my heart could break any more for this girl, but I was wrong. Then Ransom...damn, I fell hard for him as he stepped up. 

Used is one of those books that will draw you into the lives of the people within the pages and just make you feel. Some good and some bad and some in between feelings, but you'll feel for sure.
I loved it and can't wait to read what happens next.

I give Used 5 hearts!





Synopsis


I am a slut. No worries. I've come to terms with it, and you will too. I’m not one of those girls who thinks she’s too plain, too fat, too skinny, too shy … no, I don’t have that kind of luck. I’m the girl who knows she’s just right for everyone. — Denver

 A reputation as a manwhore–with–a–heart–of–gold tends to precede me. But, I don’t do girls with issues, that is until this girl. It's this girl I want to fix. This girl I want to protect. And maybe … more. — Ransom 

 Being in love with the same girl your entire life isn't all it's cracked up to be. She uses me in every way imaginable. How does she see me? I am her perpetual one-night stand. No strings, no attachments. Just mind-numbing sex ... for her anyway. — Greer 

 Feeling like the life is being choked out of her in the small town of Anaconda, Montana, Denver Dempsey craves the escape that college offers … even if that means leaving her “best friend with benefits” and looking for a new way to forget. Thinking she's found the perfect hookup in Ransom, Denver's outlook on college is bright. That is, until Greer shows up looking for a second chance, and Ransom's interest turns to hatred. 

 Love. Hate. Triangle. 

 Who's using who?


Meet the Author


author2 


 Since the dawn of time, Lynetta Halat has lived to read and has written innumerable stories and plays. A lover of good books, bad boys, and kickass tunes, she'd always dreamt of penning books that people could connect with and remember. She also has a secret penchant for wringing the emotions out of unsuspecting readers, and she collects reader's tears in much the same way that wine connoisseurs collect their favorite vintage.   

 Her first novel, Every Rose, was the perfect catalyst to launch her into the world of publishing, effectively burrowing her way into the hearts and minds of readers throughout the world. Everything I've Never Had was her follow-up adult romance novel. Now, she has penned Used, a New Adult Romance that she hopes sinks its teeth into you and doesn't let go. Her love of the English language prompted her to pursue a Master's degree in English from Old Dominion University in Virginia, where she also minored in snark and interpretive dance. She lives somewhere along the Mississippi Gulf Coast with her adorable husband, two amazing sons, and two loveable dogs. When she's not writing riveting stories, she likes to focus on her macramé art and her scouring of eBay, where she buys locks of hair from her favorite rock stars, most especially Bret Michaels and Dave Grohl.


  Social Links


FB button FINALtwitter button FinalWebsite buttonGoodreadsFINAL
Goodreads Button with Shadow


Buy the Book


USED - goodreads


Amazon FinalAmazon UK FinalB&N FINALsmashwords button FINAL


Follow the Tour


April 21

April 22

April 23

April 24

April 25


Used button


Book Enthusiast Promotions

No comments:

Post a Comment